Monday, December 22, 2014

Shots, pampering and holding hands...

We've been such a busy little family! I've been baking for what seems like forever. But, I can now say I am done. What a relief! Now I just need to make the goody trays and get them OUT of my house. 

We weren't home all weekend. Trapper had shots on Friday. He's a very healthy baby boy. At four months he weighs in at 15lbs 3oz and is a little shorty at 24 inches long. He was a happy boy too, up until his shots. 

He cried, I cried... Then we went and had lunch at the kids' favorite place, the Royal  Fork. We are so sad that it's closing. Evie was eating and kept saying, "this just isn't fair." No, my dear, it isn't. 

After lunch, we braved the mall to finish Christmas shopping. Oy. I'm so glad we finished on Friday. We drove by the mall on Saturday because I bought the wrong size pajamas for McCoy, and we kept on driving. Holy nightmare!

Speaking of Saturday, momma went and got pampered. I got my hair colored and cut. It's always a 3 hour process for my mop but I love the end result. The experience always starts off a bit scary.
I told my lovely hairdresser, Nicole, I wanted something different, fun and a little wild. Well, after sitting for a couple hours, this is what we got. 
The purple will fade to the lavender we were going for after a few washes. And no, Vikings fan I am NOT. 

We finished our lovely weekend off with some much needed family time at my parents' house. I love getting to sit and talk with my folks about Christmases past. So many fun memories. We laughed and we cried. It was a beautiful evening and I can't wait until Christmas. The only one missing will be Matthew. He has to work the holiday. I'm a little bummed but it could be so much worse. 

And finally, what would this blog be without a little Evie/bathroom humor? I had to use the bathroom and (I will keep this as clean as possible) it was a rather painful tummy experience. Since my children can't respect anyone's privacy, Evie burst into the bathroom. I must have had quite the look on my face because she looks at me, very concerned, and asks if I need someone to hold my hand. I politely declined. 

Well, until next time... Make sure to lock those bathroom doors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment